I have posted two clips from the video I recorded yesterday during our session. As you can see, there are many obstacles to my goal of recording our dance through a zoom gathering. I’m not giving up. Even if it’s only a clip of Pass me by and we don’t record Papa Loves Mambo right now, I want to keep trying. As you can see for yourself, aside from the fact that I recorded the footage on my phone from the computer, the following factors need to be considered.
- I need to see your whole body, or at least your smiling faces.
- The less distractions in your background, the better.
- Watch out for lighting that puts you in the dark.
- Keep dancing, even if you forget the steps.
- Try to figure out how to stop your video so the only people being recorded are those dancing.
I realize that remembering your dance is not a high priority during this crisis. We will reconnect when possible and actually practice and perform this at some point. What I was hoping for was footage that shows the efforts being made to stay connected. I don’t expect a finished product – just a glimpse into the process.
Don’t lose your sense of humor. Weeks and months from now we’ll watch these videos and laugh! Your commitment and effort warms my heart and inspires me to stay positive. Pull out your costumes for next week’s session and we’ll do the best we can.